Last week we covered some of the basics – like what hormones turn me into (read, “crazy, insane, sweatpants-wearing, junk-food-scarfing-mama”). But we’re trying to overcome those nasty habits those lady hormones give us with the wonders of natural essential oils!
Today we’ll look into more great options available for hormone relief. Before we start though, I’ll issue out a blanket and obligatory, “this isn’t even all that’s available”, so if there’s something you’ve heard of, or are curious about that isn’t listed, give me a holler!
Ready to dive into more natural hormone relief? Me too!
- Rose – Stop and smell the roses. Rose has been used for a long time for skin care. But, even more than that, it’s a relaxant! (Noticing a theme here?) While it is a very pricey oil, its smell is so pure and beautiful that you can’t help but take a deep breath and inhale. I currently only use Rose essential oil as it comes in various blends. Rose helps me keep sane and feeling feminine. I diffuse it, apply it topically as a perfume, or wear it on my diffuser charm necklace.
- Ylang Ylang – Did you know that Ylang Ylang means “flower of flowers?” Its sweet and flowery scent is a favorite of mine when I want the house to smell pretty. It’s known to help with depression, heart issues, high blood pressure, and anxiety – to name just a few! Its smell can balance our energy, help us to focus, and reduce anger and sadness. Like Rose, I love using Ylang Ylang as it comes in various blends. It also makes for a very pretty personal scent!
- PanAway – Back pain? Yeah, me too. I love using PanAway for those days when nothing else is helping my cramping or hormone-related headaches. It is a blend of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint oils. PanAway aids in swelling, spasms, and other pain relief. I recommend that you dilute this before using topically as it may cause skin sensitivity.
- SclarEssence – This is a blend of Clary Sage, Peppermint, Spanish Sage, and Fennel essential oils. This beautiful blend helps hormone relief. It increases the body’s estrogen levels by supporting the body’s production of hormones. Diffusing this or applying it diluted where desired can give you amazing benefits. Be warned, however, that there is a possibility of sun sensitivity with this blend. Use it wisely, and not on areas you plan to expose to sunlight. It is also recommended that you not use this while using other hormone products! Always check with your doctor.
- EndoFlex – This oil blend helps to create a feeling of hormonal balance. It uses a beautiful blend of Spearmint, Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, German Chamomile, Nutment, and Sesame Seed Oils. It can be used both in your diffuser and topically: diluted over your lower back, thyroid, kidneys, liver, feet, and glandular locations. I would recommend that you mention to your doctor that you’re using this if you’re on any thyroid prescription medication.
- Lady Sclareol – This oil blend, like SclarEssence, aids in the body’s own production of hormones. It helps improve mood swings and ease PMS symptoms! The blend includes Geranium, Coriander, Vetiver, Orange, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Spanish Sage, Jasmine, Idaho Blue Spruce, Spearmint, and Hinoki essential oils. This blend makes for a beautiful and unique fragrance. For PMS symptom relief, use this diluted or undiluted and apply to the abdomen or desired location. Again, use this blend wisely as it can possibly cause sun sensitivity.
- En-R-Gee – Remember my comment about sweatpants? This blend makes me want to wear something nicer. Or it at least makes me want to do things other than veg out in sweatpants. This blend includes Rosemary, Juniper, Lemongrass, Nutmeg, Idaho Balsam Fir, Clove, and Black Pepper essential oils. I love to use this in my diffuser during those lazy times, and also when I hit that dreaded afternoon slump. Directly smelling it from the bottle can also help to give you a boost. This blend can also be used topically, but make sure you dilute it with a carrier oil as it can cause skin sensitivity. Make sure to not use this on your mucous membranes or areas of sensitive skin.
- Dragon Time – The name Dragon Time makes so much sense! This unique blend of Fennel, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Lavender, Yarrow, and Jasmine essential oils is a must for all things menstrual related. It can be used in your diffuser, by directly smelling it from the bottle, or topically. This smell isn’t my favorite but ends with an almost Anise-like note. I use this topically both diluted and undiluted on my lower abdomen to help with those nasty cramps. It has been wonderful in helping my mood swings and headaches.
So many oils…..so little time
Whew! That’s a lot of information. But, like I mentioned last week, these oils aren’t even the whole list! There are a number of other oils and other Young Living products that can help you with hormone relief. If you’re curious about them, please ask, and I would be happy to tell you more.
To wrap this up, I’ll leave you with another favorite hormone relief roller blend recipe!
This blend is even easier than the Joy blend I shared last week. Simply combine the Dragon Time blend with your choice of a carrier oil (coconut, olive, jojoba, almond, or grapeseed oil). How strong you would like it is up to you. However, I’ve been very happy with my recipe of 15 drops of Dragon Time with a carrier oil. Simply add these to a roller bottle and use them over your abdomen for those cramps and moods.
Happy oiling, my friends!
What is your go-to essential oil for hormone relief?
If you’re curious about Young Living Essential Oils, in particular, leave a comment below – I’m happy to help!