I can’t stop licking the spoon that I used to make this cranberry sauce and thought it would be nice to share the recipe with all of you amazing Whole Intentions readers. I know there are those of you rushing to find just the right cranberry recipe for tomorrow and I hope you love this one!
We’d love to say thank you to each and every one of you and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
-Paula and Sarah
Spoon Lickin’ Cranberry Sauce (casein-free, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, sugar-free, yeast-free)
- 6 c. fresh cranberries (frozen would work too)
- 1 1 /3 c. fresh apple juice
- 1 1/3 c. granulated xylitol
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt
- long strips of zest from a mandarin orange (or any orange will do)
- small pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon (you can do slightly more of this than the others), cloves, allspice, and ginger
- stevia to taste
1. Put all ingredients, minus stevia, in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Over medium heat, cook approximately 20 minutes until the sauce is nice and thick.
3. Remove zest strips.
4. Taste and add stevia to taste. Cool and serve.