I have a sister that I love. She’s my twin.
We grew up as close as two sisters could. We shared a bedroom, we shared clothes, friends, our car, and an apartment when we moved away from home.
I could tell you about some of the dumb and silly things we did, and some of the most embarrassing and memorable moments we shared, but then I know she would disown me, and I just couldn’t bear that!
(Can you guess who’s who?)
This past week Travis had a three-day business trip to Kansas so the boys and I went to stay with my sister and her family. I miss him terribly when he’s gone, but I love the excuse it gives me to spend several days chatting with her. Face to face laughter and banter beats long distance phone calls any day!
While we were there she made a delicious casserole that was very tasty and incredibly simple. Just four ingredients! I can handle that. I made it for our family tonight and it was met with rave reviews from the guys. But then who can turn down soft potatoes, spicy sausage, salty butter, and melted cheese blended together in a delicious dish that just screams comfort food?
Try it, you’ll see.
Sausage & Potato Casserole
This Sausage & Potato Casserole is tasty and incredibly simple. A hearty, comfort meal that has only four ingredients!
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/3 Tablespoon Homemade Sausage Seasoning
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted ((1/2 stick))
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt ((to taste))
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Slice potatoes and boil until tender but not falling apart.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet and add the homemade sausage seasoning.
- In a 9×13 pan, layer the potatoes, then the sausage. Pour melted butter evenly over top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 min. or until cheese is melted.
P.S. I’m on the left. 🙂