Morning Glory Muffins
It’s the perfect morning picture, isn’t it? The sunshine pouring across the kitchen table, birds singing outside the window, and the sound of a busy day not yet underway.
A morning started this way would do us all a world of good for the hours that follow.
Wonderful muffin recipe
Betty Crocker must have agreed with me because she came up with this wonderful muffin recipe. I adapted it to become gluten-free along with the option of making it egg-free as well. You can make these into muffins or cut into squares.
Go ahead, make a batch and we can nibble them together. 🙂
MORNING GLORY MUFFINS OR SQUARES
Betty Crocker came up with this wonderful Morning Glory Muffins recipe. It’s adapted to be gluten and egg-free. Start your morning right!
- 1/2 cup Carrie's Master Mix
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Carrie's Master Mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 2/3 cups milk ((or milk substitute))
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg ((I’ve substituted this with 1/4 c. pumpkin puree with great results.))
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or 8″x8″ square pan.
- Combine streusel ingredients, cutting in butter until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- For the batter: combine all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and blend until evenly blended. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in small bowl and then add to the dry batter ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin or baking pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes if you are making muffins and for 30-35 minutes if you are making squares.