You might have noticed my lack of posts recently. I’m not trying to neglect you, really. I’ve been running back and forth to my folks’ place for the last couple of weeks helping them pack, sort, and organize for their coming move.
Mom and I had some late nights, early mornings, and packing tape chasing us in our dreams but we got a good portion done. We even had time to take one last walk through the woods where we spotted some May flowers.
Before the kids and I left, I made Travis one of his favorite easy-to-reheat meals. The topping is what makes it so scrumpt-dilly-ocious.
Meatloaf W/ a Scrumptious Topping
Meatloaf with a Scrumptious Topping is one of our favorite, easy-to-reheat meals. The topping is what makes it so scrumpt-dilly-ocious.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/2 cup ketchup ((Heinz is gluten-free))
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3/4 cups ketchup ((Heinz is gluten-free))
- 1/2 cup cane sugar ((or rapadura))
Combine the raw ground beef, oatmeal, dried onion, milk, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and egg. Mix well and press into a 9×9 pan. The hamburger makes it unnecessary to grease the pan.
Combine the toppings and spread over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 min.