Sausage Egg Bake
One of the many blessings of raising chickens is an abundance of eggs. Sometimes…too abundant. That’s when we share, sell, and consume by the dozen. 🙂
One of our favorite egg-using recipes is a simple grain-free egg bake that graces our table fairly often. It’s filling, hearty, and easy. Plus, there are a few variations depending on which meat you choose to use.
- 18 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/3 Tablespoon Homemade Sausage Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown ground beef in a medium frying pan over low to medium heat. Drain fat.
Combine eggs, onion, green pepper, milk, and cheese in large mixing bowl. Whisk together well and add browned beef.
- Bake for 1 hour until just lightly browned on top.
You can replace the browned beef and Homemade Sausage Seasoning with diced ham or plain browned beef.