Easy to make taco soup
Life has been busy this past month. To celebrate getting ‘back to normal’ I made a delicious taco soup recipe that my dear friend Melissa first shared with me. It was delicious! And even better – baby didn’t seem to mind the green peppers, onions, and spices. (Psst – that means I had two bowls!)
If you love tacos. If you love soup. If you love throwing ingredients into a crockpot and leaving it all day – you’ve gotta try this.
Gluten-Free Taco Soup
If you love tacos. . .if you love soup. . .if you love throwing ingredients into a crockpot and leaving it all day. . .you’ll love this Gluten-Free Taco Soup.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 cups soaked and cooked black beans ((or 14 oz. can, rinsed and drained))
- 2 cups soaked and cooked kidney beans ((or 14 oz. can, rinsed and drained))
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onions (diced)
- 1/2 cup red or green peppers (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
Throw everything but the sour cream in a crockpot. (I use a 6 qt. crockpot and this recipe nearly fills it.) Turn it on low for about 3 hours.
If you choose to, add the sour cream about 30 min. before you want to serve it and stir well. Keep soup on low for another 30 min. or until it is fully heated.
Serve with extra sour cream and tortilla chips if desired.