Gluten-Free Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
Okay, we’re back from vacation, we finally finished our taxes, and I’ve got a few hours before company arrives for the weekend. . .
Life is back to normal – and although I’ll miss the white sand beaches and alone time with Travis, I’m glad to be back into a routine.
Where it all started
Lately, I’ve been thinking about the beginning…This blog started a few years ago after Travis found out he had gluten issues. We named it Good To Be Gluten-Free and focused on gluten-free cooking. One of the most popular recipes was Gluten-Free Biscuits & Sausage Gravy.
But then nine months of severe morning sickness, a new baby, a husband who was still struggling with his health, and our third boy starting homeschool made me take a two-year hiatus from blogging. Life settled down after a time and I came back, changed the blog’s focus and name, and (gasp) accidentally deleted the recipe. What! Not our favorite recipe!
Bringing it back
So for those of you who’ve wondered where those delicious, warm and peppery biscuits went – I’m bringing it back today. Just for you.
Cuz’ I really missed you guys. Unfortunately, this recipe isn’t very candida-diet friendly, so exercise caution. 🙂
Gluten-Free Biscuits & Sausage Gravy (gluten-free)
2 1/4 c. Carrie’s Master Mix
2/3 c. milk (or milk substitute)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine Carrie’s Master Mix and just enough milk (or water) to form a soft dough.
3. Sprinkle some of the Master Mix on your counter and knead the dough a few times.
4. Press dough with fingers to about 1/2″ thick and cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter or an upside down glass. Bake for 8-10 min.
5. Brown ground beef in large skillet.
6. Stir in butter until melted, then stir in sweet rice flour (or alternative) and stir until mixture is thick and almost pasty.
7. Reduce heat and slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until it becomes thick and bubbly. Serve over warm biscuits or mashed potatoes.
Sharing this with you guys makes me rethink my menu for this week. I could go for this for breakfast, lunch, supper, leftovers. . .
Enjoy these warm, gluten-free biscuits smothered in a hearty and peppery sausage gravy. The ultimate southern comfort food.
- 2 1/4 cups Carrie's Master Mix
- 2/3 cups milk (or milk substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Carrie's Master Mix and just enough milk (or water) to form a soft dough.
- Sprinkle some of the Master Mix on your counter and knead the dough a few times.
- Press dough with fingers to about 1/2" thick and cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter or an upside down glass. Bake for 8-10 min.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Stir in butter until melted, then stir in sweet rice flour (or alternative) and stir until mixture is thick and almost pasty.
- Reduce heat and slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until it becomes thick and bubbly. Serve over warm biscuits or mashed potatoes.
Shared with: The Healthy Home Economist, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, The Girl Creative, The Prairie Homestead, Skip To My Lou, Time-Warp Wife, Premeditated Leftovers, Rook No. 17, Whole New Mom, Far Above Rubies, Celebrating Family, Women Living Well, Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Blue Cricket Design, Food Corner, The King’s Court IV, Frugally Sustainable, The Gluten-Free Homemaker, Milk & Cuddles, This Chick Cooks, Raising Homemakers, GNOWFGLINS, Greenbacks Gal, Raising Mighty Arrows, Everyday Tastes, Our Simple Country Life, The Nourishing Gourmet, Food Renegade, Real Food Whole Health, Little Natural Cottage, Comfy In The Kitchen, Country Momma Cooks, Nourishing Treasures, The Modest Mom, Flour Me With Love, Growing Home, Our Simple Farm, Deep Roots at Home, Young Living Oil Lady,