Hormones – the crazy things that influence just about everything we do and they do it whether we notice or not! Today, I’m helping you find hormone relief from the unpleasant effects using Young Living Essential Oils!
Hormone relief for those days
There are a select number of days each month that we women fight the urge to do something crazy. We try medicines to help the pain and eat whatever we crave to help us to feel better, often making unhealthy choices. The days are full of lounging around in our sweatpants and dry shampoo with little desire to get normal tasks done.
If these descriptions don’t apply to you, I admire your ability to handle your hormones! But, if you’re like me, you know that you’d do a lot to help make this part of life a little more normal and find some much-needed hormone relief.
Essential Oils for Hormone Relief:
I’ve found a number of essential oils to help with hormone relief, and I haven’t even exhausted everything that Young Living has! Hormone relief can be found using blends and singles topically as well as aromatically, making those days go by smoother. It’s been ages since I’ve had to take a pain pill for those nasty cramps and what makes it even better is its 100% natural.
Where to begin
Ready? I thought so. First, we must start with Lavender. Remember this from last month? This Swiss Army Knife oil really can be used for almost everything. But today we’re talking about hormone relief. Lavender aids in relaxation, thus helping you to let go of those consuming, uneasy emotions. It’s also a pain reliever, inflammation reducer, and fights that nasty excess sebum on your skin! Diffusing this during the dreaded week help both my mood and my sleep. I even use it on my skin to help with breakouts!
Additional multi-use oils
- Clary Sage – Believe me when I tell you this oil is necessary for hormone relief. Its estrogen-like qualities ease your mind and reduce your pain. Diffusing and topically applying this oil help! When you’re feeling those nasty cramps, use this diluted with a carrier oil to rub on your lower back.
- Basil – Basil is a favorite ingredient of mine in a few beloved blends. It relaxes tight muscles, eases the pain, and reduces inflammation. I recommend diluting this with a carrier oil like coconut, olive, jojoba, almond, or grapeseed oil, and using on areas of discomfort.
- Rosemary – When I first cracked open my bottle of rosemary oil, it hit me hard. The next thing I noticed, however, was a feeling of energy! It’s been said that just the act of smelling it can enhance clarity and focus. I’ve found this oil helps with that slump I get from those hormones. I use it in my diffuser with other oils, but it can also be used topically on Vita Flex points.
We can’t forget about…
- Roman Chamomile – I love chamomile. Its scent is such a calming influence! It is used to help with restlessness, anxiety, depression, sleep issues, and skin issues. I don’t know about you, but those feelings seem to appear when hormones come to call. Chamomile in my diffuser at night helps me sleep soundly. It can also be used topically both diluted or undiluted if desired.
- Cypress – Cypress essential oil can help with many things, but the ones we’re the most interested in are its ability to help with bloating from fluid retention and its calming influence over those negative emotions. This oil can be used in your diffuser, directly inhaled from the bottle, or diluted topically. It pairs wonderfully in my diffuser with lavender any time of day or night.
- Idaho Blue Spruce – Like lavender, this oil helps with relaxation. Diffusing this beautiful oil can help immensely with letting go of those nasty emotions that creep up on you. Doing this brings on a feeling of balance and grounding. It also aids in pain relief
Last but certainly not least….
Joy – As the name suggests, this blend helps with those bluesy sad, angry, and any other miserable feelings. It uses Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lemon, Coriander, Tangerine, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa, and Rose essential oils. This blend is wonderful for those hard days. It can even aid in postpartum depression! I love to diffuse this during the day whenever I feel sad or upset, but I also love to diffuse it when I’m happy to encourage that feeling. You can also use this topically over your heart, wrists, or other desired areas. This is my go-to perfume these days.
Now, I’ve only covered a handful of oils in this post. Stay tuned next month for more! But to finish out your brain overload, I’ve got a favorite hormone relief roller blend of mine to share!
I’ve Got That Joy!
In a 10mL glass roller bottle (easily found on Amazon!), combine:
- 10 drops of Joy essential oil blend
- 10 drops of Bergamot
- 10 drops of Orange
Fill the rest of your bottle with a carrier oil of your choice (coconut, olive, jojoba, almond, or grapeseed oil) and voila! You’re done! I apply this on my wrists, behind my ears, and over my heart. It gives me a beautiful smile and perfumey smell.
If you’re concerned that your hormones aren’t out of balance simply because of your cycle, but that there is a bigger issue (can’t lose weight/fat, anxiety, insomnia, etc.) then check out Metabolism Unlocked or book a free Discovery Call with Paula to see if her program would be a good fit for you.
Happy oiling, my friends!
What is your go-to essential oil for hormone relief? If you’re curious about Young Living Essential Oils, in particular, leave a comment below – I’m happy to help!