Have you heard people talking about essential oils? If you haven’t, you soon will! I’ve been using oils for 7 + years, but when I started it seemed rare for people to have heard about them. Now, however, they have become the go-to for many.
Yes, there is a history. These oils are not new! We know from Egyptian hieroglyphics and Chinese manuscripts that priests and physicians have been using essential oils for thousands of years. There is also 188 references to essential oils in the Bible.
- Essential oils are the liquids from plants, including many different parts of plants like seeds, bark, leaves, stems, roots, flowers, and the fruit.
- Essential oils are the regenerating, oxygenating, and immune defense properties of plants.
- Essential oils have a bioelectrical frequency that can raise the frequency of the human body.
How to use essential oils
Please keep in mind that the essential oils I’m writing about are ONLY Young Living essential oils.
- Apply topically either by diluting or neet (undiluted)
- Take internally by drinking them in your water, in a capsule, or in milk of choice.
- Diffusing. A diffuser will disperse the oils into a micro-mist that stays suspended for several hours.
Our favorite ways to use essential oils are to mix them in Epsom salt and use them in a bath. We apply them to our feet as that’s the second fastest area of the body to absorb oils due to the large pores.
We apply oils in the morning and before bed, unless we’re feeling crummy, then we apply more often – sometimes even every 20-30 minutes for a few hours depending on how crummy we’re feeling. The oils metabolize after a couple hours, so to support that immune system we apply often! We’ve had such great results with these oils as a family!
I realized that this is a lot of information and it may be overwhelming. I encourage you to do some research and learn a little at a time! I’m here to help too! You can find me at The Oil Queen where you’ll find more information about Young Living as a company and how to get started with the premium starter kit that includes the 11 most common oils people use everyday!