They are delicious, crunchy, chocolatey, and…healthy. Booyah!
Delicious, crunchy, chocolatey, and...healthy. Booyah! Crunchin' Chocolate Fudge Bars are from The Sweeter Side of Candida cookbook. Sugar and gluten-free!
- 2/3 cups cocoa butter
- 2/3 cups cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons xylitol granules
- 1 cup almond butter (you can replace this with an allowed nut butter of choice; but be aware it may change the flavor.)
- 1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped (use code 'JT' to get 10% off)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (omit if nut butter is salted)
- stevia (to taste)
Grease a 9x9 pan with coconut oil.
Melt cocoa butter in a medium saucepan over low/medium heat. Add cacao powder and xylitol and stir until xylitol is dissolved. Stir in almond butter, oats, coconut flakes, almonds, and vanilla extract. Add stevia to taste - a little at a time until just a tad too sweet.
Pour batter into the 9x9 pan and refrigerate about 2 hours or until hard. Store in the refrigerator.
Did you know that cacao is a prebiotic - and that makes your gut microbiota very happy!
Find more delicious desserts like this one in The Sweeter Side of Candida.