Would you like to lose weight and keep it off? Does it seem like when you try to lose weight that something prevents you from succeeding? You might need to cleanse your liver!
For some people the liver is THE KEY to losing weight. Your liver does so many important things for your body. It’s one of the main organs that helps get rid of poisons (toxins). In today’s world, everyone has some amount of toxins in their body.
If you’ve ever smelled exhaust fumes, or new carpet, you’ve had toxins entering your body. If you smoke, or eat food from boxes or cans, you have toxins in your body. Basically, everyone needs to cleanse their liver!
Do you have an over-worked liver?
If you have an over-worked liver you will have some of the following symptoms:
- inability to lose weight
- abdominal bloating
- frequent fatigue
- bad breath
- nausea after eating fatty foods
- foggy brain
- hot flashes
- allergy problems-rashes, asthma
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- hypoglycemia-shaky/irritable/lightheaded before eating (an unhealthy liver can cause sugar addiction)
- intolerance to alcohol
- intolerance to caffeine
Sometimes someone with a liver problem will be diagnosed as having irritable bowel syndrome. Menopausal symptoms can often be solved by cleansing the liver.
What happens when your liver is clean?
Most people lose weight, and their triglyceride and cholesterol levels go down. They feel much younger. Their blood sugar normalizes. Skin rashes go away. They have normal bowel movements. They’re full of energy!
How to Cleanse Your Liver
- Cut out fructose. High fructose corn syrup is in many foods (ketchup, soft drinks, spaghetti sauce etc.) Fructose is very destructive for your body. In my opinion, it will mess up your health or shorten your life. (Dr. Hyman and Dr. Mercola would agree).
- Eat lots of vegetables. Raw vegetables are vital during a liver cleanse. Carrots, kale, cabbage, collards, brussels sprouts, broccoli, daikon radish, organic lettuce, and beets are some of the very best things you can eat to rejuvenate your liver. Garlic, onions and beans also help your liver to detoxify. Eat vegetables for every meal – even breakfast!
- Eat the right fats: olive oil, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, avocados, and fish oil. Eat lean meats while you are cleansing your liver, but lean meats are not the healthiest all the time. Animal fats can reverse tooth decay and heal digestion. So, after a period of liver cleansing, you’d want to add those healthy fats back in. Meals during a liver cleanse would often look like this: green vegetable, lean meat cooked in a healthy fat, carrots. Dessert could be fresh fruit (especially berries or granny smith apples). Fruit should be limited to 2 servings a day.
- Exercise – Paula has FREE 5-Day challenge groups to teach you how to eat clean meals like this, and incorporate fitness into your daily routine.
- Supplements to consider: Milk Thistle , B-Complex Plus (high quality B vitamins), Cod Liver Oil
- Consider buying a Juice Extractor and making fresh vegetable and fruit juices to drink every morning. This makes it much easier to get in more raw vegetables.
- Consider doing castor oil packs. These have helped me a lot. They are wonderful for the liver.
The list above might seem imtimidating. But improving your liver health can bring about all kinds of other changes – like improved skin, digestion, and weight loss! If the liver is overworked it is really hard to maintain a healthy weight. If you struggle with many of the symptoms listed above, I would consider that your liver might need some support or cleansing. For some people healing the liver is the key to weight loss success!
Disclaimer: This post is not medical advice. You should consult your health practitioner before making changes in your diet or supplements. I am not a doctor or medical professional.
Are you having trouble losing weight? Have you ever done a liver cleanse? Tell us about it!