Gluten-free Cactus Bread Dessert Pizza
I love the Pizza Ranch restaurant. They have an excellent buffet and their Cactus Bread is out of this world. I’m talking some major mouth-watering goodness. If you’ve never been to a Pizza Ranch – get in your car and drive until you see one.
However, the thrill of going to Pizza Ranch is diminished by the fact that Travis can’t partake in their Cactus Bread. What’s Cactus Bread?
Imagine a pizza/pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon, melt-in-your-mouth streusel, and drizzled with white frosting that’s waiting to be licked off your fingers. It’s near perfection.
Except that it’s full of gluten.
Making it gluten-free
So, instead, we make one at home. It’s good. Really, really good. It’s so good that I’m going to warn you – there is a lot of sugar in this recipe. Below is the original recipe, but we cut all the sugar in half and it’s still sweet enough to curl toes!
First, you need to make your crust. We use our favorite Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Pizza Crust, but we don’t bake the crust – we add the Cactus Bread Pizza toppings and bake it by following the directions below.
Cactus Bread Dessert Pizza
This Cactus Bread is really good. But there’s a lot of sugar, so make this a rare treat!
- 1 large Gluten-free Pizza Crust ((prepared and unbaked))
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons GF Flour Mix
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon milk ((or milk substitute))
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Prepare Gluten-free Pizza Crust according to directions. Do not bake.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Spread 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the unbaked Gluten-free Pizza Crust. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon over the whole crust.
- Combine streusel with a fork and sprinkle over entire crust.
- Place pizza in the oven and bake at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes until streusel is bubbling.
- Remove pizza and let cool while you are combining the frosting.
- Drizzle frosting over pizza.
This is a great crust for either a dessert pizza or ‘regular’ pizza.