If a nine-year-old boy requests oatmeal for his birthday dinner – it’s gotta be good.
- 4 cups gluten-free oatmeal
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Combine oatmeal, butter, coconut oil, yogurt, water, milk, vanilla, honey, cinnamon, salt, raisins, and unsweetened coconut flakes in a large glass bowl. Let the mixture soak overnight or up to 24 hours.
The next morning, add the baking powder and eggs. Mix well and pour in an ungreased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
You can substitute the raisins with nuts, cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.
Can I be nine again and request this for my birthday?