One of the many blessings of raising chickens is an abundance of eggs. Sometimes. . .too abundant. That’s when we share, sell, and consume by the dozen. 🙂
One of our favorite egg-using recipes is a simple grain-free egg bake that graces our table fairly often. It’s filling, hearty, and easy. Plus, there are a few variations depending on which meat you choose to use.
Grain-Free Egg Bake (gluten-free, nut-free, sugar-free, yeast-free)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup raw milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. meat of your choice:
- precooked ham, chopped
- ground beef, browned
- Homemade Sausage (ground beef, browned, with 1 1/3 T. Homemade Sausage Seasoning)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. If using ground beef, brown 1 lb. in medium frying pan over low to medium heat.
3. Combine eggs, onion, green pepper, milk, and cheese in large mixing bowl. Whisk together well.
4. Stir in meat of choice.
5. Bake for 1 hour until just lightly browned on top.