Summer is just around the corner, so I thought I’d share a recipe for one of my favorite salads. Cabbage, shredded carrot, cilantro, green onion, avocado and lime are a perfect combination in my book. This salad is super easy to put together and very versatile! Use it as base for taco salad, as a side for carne asada, or toss in some black beans for a vegetarian meal.
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 batch creamy avocado ranch dip
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. Frontier Adobo seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1 handful chopped green onion
- chopped avocado
- Start by making the avocado ranch dip. Add the juice of one lime to the recipe to make it a salad dressing consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, shredded carrot, dressing, and adobo seasoning.
- Toss in cilantro, green onion, cotija cheese, and avocado.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving to allow the cabbage to marinate.