- Several of our organs, especially our heart, muscles, and kidneys, require magnesium to function.
- Magnesium regulates muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, blood pressure, and calcium levels.
- It decreases the risk of developing diabetes, the symptoms of PMS, and the symptoms of migraines.
- Magnesium helps with depression and anxiety, muscle cramps, constipation, kidney stones, osteoporosis, insomnia, fibromyalgia, and asthma.
- It is also vitally important for energy production, nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, normal heart rhythm, the makeup of teeth and bones, enzyme systems and functions, and the utilization of fats and carbohydrates
In the words of Dr. Norman Shealy,
“Every known illness is associated with a magnesium deficiency…magnesium is the most critical mineral required for electrical stability of every cell in the body. A magnesium deficiency may be responsible for more diseases than any other nutrient.”
The need for magnesium is becoming more apparent with every health study. Are you magnesium deficient? Read the rest of this article at GNOWFGLINS to find out if you are and what foods can help.