Red Raspberry Tea – A Woman’s Best Friend

Today I’m excited to share this guest post for my friend, Anjanette. Anjanette is a fellow Lilla Rose consultant and blogger who shares how she’s raising her family to become imitator’s of Christ at Raising the Barrs. She and her husband just had a beautiful baby boy on Independence Day so she’s taking a much needed break. Hop on over to read more about the wonderful benefits Red Raspberry Tea has for women as well as a mini-version of the amazing difference it made for my last labor and delivery. Be sure to browse a bit while you’re over there!

**********

Pain in childbirth has been around since time began.

To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children . . . – Genesis 3:16

Pain from cramping during menstruation has been around just as long I’m guessing. When I became a teenager and joined the ranks of ‘womanhood’ and then later a mother several times over, I realized that this was simply a fact for women. We would endure pain.

Modern man has come up with ways to cover that pain: Tylenol, Aleve, epidurals, intrathecals, etc. But many of us don’t want to take synthetic drugs that have long lists of side effects for both us and our babies. Thankfully, God has created something we can use that’s safe and beneficial: red raspberry leaves.

Read more of Red Raspberry Tea – A Woman’s Best Friend. . .

Shared with: Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Flour Me With Love, The Healthy Home Economist, New Life on a Homestead, Nourishing Treasures, The Modest Mom Blog, Real Food Forager, Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free, Vintage Wannabee, Young Living Oil Lady, Delicious Obsessions, Chef in Training, Time-Warp Wife, Far Above Rubies, Growing Home, Gluten Freely Frugal, Women Living Well, Frugally Sustainable, Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Confessions of an Overworked Mom, The Gluten-Free Homemaker, This Chick Cooks, Deep Roots at Home, Day 2 Day Joys, Raising Homemakers, GNOWFGLINS, A Delightful Home, It’s A Keeper, Our Simple Country Life, The Nourishing Gourmet, Homestead Simple, Comfy in The Kitchen, Real Food Freaks, Creative Christian Mama, Real Food Whole Health, Food Renegade, Jill’s Home Remedies,

Comments

1. Carly says

I love raspberry leaf!! Perfect for PMS, menstrual cramps and more. It’s even more delicious with some raw, organic honey stirred in to a hot cup. Great reminder today about God’s creativity in making this plant

Carly @ ryandcar.blogspot.com

Red raspberry is so good. It is perfect for menstral cramps etc… Something else that really helps with cramps, shortens the “flow”, and many other benefits is the use of cloth sanitary napkins. I’ve been making my own for over five years now and have noticed a huge change in my menstral flow. I’ve recently read that using the chemical ones from the store pull more blood from the body…just something to think about while sipping red raspberry tea with a bit of honey.

Dory,

I’m a huge advocate of cloth pads myself – just haven’t had time to write about them yet. :) I love how comfortable they are, how frugal, and how healthy (no chemicals like you mentioned.) I also use a diva cup. Have you heard of those? Nice for swimming and when you’re going to be gone for a long time and don’t know if the cloth pads will hold up without a bathroom nearby.

• Cristy says

Love Love LOVE cloth pads. Never going back to disposables if I can help it. I used both cloth and disposables for the couple weeks after my 3rd child was born and was quickly amazed by the difference. For our 4th child I was totally converted to cloth menstrual products. (I make my own) I am waiting to start getting my period back again to give a Lunette (silicone menstrual cup) a try as I have heard a lot of people really like this type of product.

Shared this on my page!
    I used RRL for my last two pregnancies and was much more comfortable. The last was a twin pregnancy: I went to term, labored a total of 4 1/2 hours and had no complications. The girls were even born at home! RRL definitely helped. I no longer have any cramping every month but I think I may now try this for the “flow” issue :) . Thanks for this article. Very helpful!

Oh, twins! I’ve always wanted twins! Being that I am one myself, I can say – it’s the best! So glad the tea helped your pregnancies.

Thank you for this post! I’ve been drinking red raspberry tea sporadically, not knowing the benefits! I will definitely appreciate all the great info on it!

i have tons of red raspberry tea and have used it for my pregnancies but it’s just never occurred to me to drink it during my menstrual cycle. thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for sharing this!! I needed to have my mind jogged for my daughter’s sake as she is cramping something terrible like I used to!!!! I used to make raspberry tea when I was having babies but have gotten rusty, lol

7. miranda says

why would he punish women with menstrual pain just to make leaves that help the pain, what was the point of the punishment??

Good question Miranda,

To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children. . .” Genesis 3:16

God punished Eve for her sin of disobeying. Part of the punishment was that she would endure pain during childbirth. (God did not say menstruation pain. Although there is often pain involved with that.)

While God, in His mercy, has created red raspberry leaves, the tea isn’t used specifically to stop pain during childbirth but to strengthen and tone the uterus. This toning helps the uterus to work more efficiently during labor (as well as easing menstrual cramps) – but the pain of childbirth will never be completely taken away.

The punishment Eve (and subsequently all women) was given is a reminder of the seriousness of disobedience.

The only thing you want to be sure of is that it says Red Raspberry LEAF Tea, just Red Raspberry Tea isn’t the same thing. The good stuff is in the leaves.

8. bovio says

@Liz H, i have read in several places that the tea is no good for twin pregnancies, and especially woman with previous C-section?do you know if this is true?when did you start taking the tea and how many cups?

thanks

I'm so glad you're here today! Please feel free to leave a comment.