I love zucchini – it’s low-maintenance and very productive. I also love that it’s easy for the kids to spot and pick in the garden. And if your helpers do happen to miss one and you find yourself staring at a gigantic green monster weeks later, you can still throw it in your food processor to use in baked goods.
It’s a rather bland tasting vegetable so it takes on the flavor of pretty much anything you cook with it. We use it in place of spaghetti noodles and most often in breads, muffins (Sourdough Zucchini Muffins), and cakes (Chocolate Zucchini Cake)
And we can’t neglect to mention that zucchini is candida safe, which makes me want to pucker up and kiss it on its little green nose. Smooch.
And double smooch.
But my go-to, I-would-eat-this-every-day-if-I-could recipe is a very simple zucchini and garlic sauté.
Because everything is better with butter. Trust me.
Here’s how I throw this yummy dish together.
1. Wash zucchini and cut off the ends. Cut each zucchini into 1/4″ slices.
2. Place slices into a frying pan and add minced garlic. Cut butter into thin slices and lay on top of zucchini.
3. Place a lid on frying pan and sauté over medium heat for about five minutes. Try not to stir it too often or the zucchini will start to get kinda mushy.
4. Once the butter and water (this is water that cooks out of the zucchini) start to bubble and boil just a bit, remove the frying pan from heat but leave the lid on. Let it sit for about ten minutes, letting the steam finish cooking them until they’re tender-crisp.
5. Salt generously with celtic sea salt and eat immediately. This recipe would work great with yellow summer squash as well.
How do you like your zucchini?
Shared with: Kelly The Kitchen Kop, Butter Believer, Everyday Tastes, A Little Bit of Spain In Iowa, A Delightful Home, Momnivore’s Dilemma, The Girl Creative, Home Savvy A to Z, The Healthy Home Economist, Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms, Hartke is Online, Tip Junkie, Cooking Traditional Foods, Chef in Training, Juliecache, Time-Warp Wife, Vintage Wannabee, Real Food Forager, Blessed With Grace, At Home With K, Confessions of A Stay-At-Home-Mom, Simply Gluten & Sugar Free, Rook No. 17, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, Blue Cricket Design, The King’s Court IV, We Are That Family, Frugally Sustainable, Gluten Free Homemaker, Crystal & Comp, Sugar & Dots, The Stuff of Success, Day2Day Joys, The Thrifty Home, This Chick Cooks, A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa, The Nourishing Gourmet, Simply Sweet Home, Life As Mom, Whipperberry, Real Food Whole Health, Shabby Nest, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Premeditated Leftovers, Real Food Freaks, Creation Corner, Mom Trends, Serenity Now, DIY Home Sweet Home, Nourishing Treasures, Coastal Charm, Above Rubies, This Chick Cooks, Whipperberry, Skip to My Lou, Celebrating Family, Food Renegade, Flour Me With Love, The Modest Mom Blog, Growing Home, Living Oil Lady, Deep Roots at Home, Raising Mighty Arrows, Our Simple Country Life, Comfy in the Kitchen, Little Natural Cottage, Our Simple Farm,