I love the Pizza Ranch. They have an excellent buffet and their Cactus Bread is out of this world. I’m talking some major mouth-watering goodness. If you’ve never been to a Pizza Ranch – get in your car and drive until you see one.
However, the thrill of going to Pizza Ranch is diminished by the fact that Travis can’t partake in their Cactus Bread. What’s Cactus Bread?
Imagine a pizza/pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon, melt-in-your-mouth streusel, and drizzled with white frosting that’s waiting to be licked off your fingers. It’s near perfection.
Except that it’s full of gluten.
So, instead we make one at home. It’s good. Really, really good. It’s so good that I’m going to warn you – there is a lot of sugar in this recipe. Below is the original recipe, but we cut all the sugar in half and it’s still sweet enough to curl toes!
First, you need to make your crust. We use our favorite Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Pizza Crust, but we don’t bake the crust – we add the Cactus Bread Pizza toppings and bake it by following the directions below.
Cactus Bread Pizza (makes enough for 1 pizza, or 2 if you want to spread out the sugary goodness) (gluten-free)
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
3 T. cane sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 T. milk (or milk substitute)
1 T. unsalted butter, melted
1/4 t. vanilla extract
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Prepare the Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Pizza Crust, but don’t bake the crust – follow the directions below.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the unbaked pizza crust. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon over whole crust.
4. Combine struesel with a fork and sprinkle over entire crust.
5. Place pizza in oven and bake at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes until struesel is bubbling.
6. Remove pizza and let cool while you are combining the frosting.
7. Drizzle frosting over pizza.
Shared with: Simply Sugar & Gluten Free, The Gluten-Free Homemaker, Real Food Forager, The Healthy Home Economist, The Prairie Homestead, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Nourishing Treasures, The Modest Mom, Flour Me With Love, Chef In Training, Time-Warp Wife, Celebrating Family, Far Above Rubies, Growing Home, Rook No. 17, Raising Homemakers, This Chick Cooks, Deep Roots at Home, Raising Mighty Arrows, The Nourishing Gourmet, It’s A Keeper, GNOWFGLINS, The Greenbacks Gal, Food Renegade, Real Food Whole Health, Comfy in the Kitchen, Little Natural Cottage, Real Food Freaks, Vintage Wannabee, Delicious Obsessions, Turning the Clock Back, The King’s Court IV, Our Simple Country Life, Young Living Oil Lady, Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Whole New Mom,